Are you considering cleaning your mattress on your own? It may sound like a budget-friendly and convenient solution, but it is a lengthy process that requires multiple cleansers and tools to undertake. Plus, how can you be sure it is truly sanitized and hygienic afterward?
Here are the typical steps involved in cleaning your own mattress:
- Vacuum the mattress to remove dust mites, dust, dead skin, hair, etc. from the entire exterior. Use a wide brush attachment to vacuum the top surface of the mattress, then use a long upholstery nozzle to clean out cracks, sides, and corners.
- Treat stains with a fabric cleaner. Gently scrub with a hand-held brush, then remove any excess moisture from the bedding. (Please note when cleaning a memory foam mattress, you should use a tiny amount of solution because memory foam should never get wet.)
- Clean biological stains with an enzyme cleaner. Blot the stain with a cloth soaked in the cleaner. Allow it to soak in for about 15 minutes. Blot the area to remove the stain with a clean cloth, dampened with cool water. Note: DO NOT spray liquid cleaners directly onto the mattress – especially if the mattress is a memory foam product.
- Deodorize the mattress by sprinkling a generous dusting of baking soda over the whole surface. Let the baking soda rest for at least an hour. The longer it sits, the better the odors are absorbed.
- Vacuum the mattress again to remove the baking soda.
- Allow the mattress to air dry completely to avoid mold and mildew.
Clean Sleep offers a better alternative to the DIY mattress cleaning process. All you need to do is remove your bedding and the Clean Sleep technicians will do the rest!
How does it work? The mobile Clean Sleep Machine comes to your location. Our courteous technicians then transport your mattress to the Clean Sleep Machine. In this protected environment, your mattress is exposed to ultraviolet light, dry steam, a high-intensity vacuum, infrared heat, and Ozone odor neutralizer.
In only 15 minutes, your mattress is clean, fresh, and dry – and ready for immediate use.
Professional mattress cleaning by Clean Sleep will ensure that your bedding is free of dust mites, allergens, germs, and more. It is also much less time consuming and stressful than the DIY route. You can rest easy knowing your mattress is unquestionably clean, sanitized and thoroughly dry.